Main pharmaceutical applications:
- Extended release multiparticulate coating
- Micro-encapsulation of actives
- Taste-masking of bitter actives
- Extended release binder in inert matrix systems
- Solvent and extrusion granulation
ETHOCEL™ provides formulation flexibility for pharmaceutical applications:
- Range of molecular weights, can be blended for intermediate viscosities
- Fine particle (FP) range for use in inert matrix systems, providing improved lipophilic properties realized by increase in surface area
- Modify release profiles when ETHOCEL™ is used in combination with water-soluble excipients, such as METHOCEL™ premium cellulose ethers
ETHOCEL™ has been widely used in the Pharmaceutical industry for over 50 years, backed by an excellent safety record with global compendial acceptance and compliance with the US Food Chemical Codex. Also approved for dietary supplement use in Europe and USA.
ETHOCEL™ is a trademark of International Flavors and Fragrances Inc. or its affiliates.
© 2021 IFF. All rights reserved
Colorcon can help to reduce your project time by providing the right solution through excipient selection and process guidance.
Lower total cost and reduce time to market
Life cycle management through modified delivery profiles and product line extensions
Reduce medication errors and improve patient adherence
Stable and consistent product performance
Track and trace