Starch 1500® Partially Pregelatinized Maize Starch
Starch 1500 is a proven and trusted unique excipient, manufactured exclusively for the global pharmaceutical and nutritional industries.
- Stabilizes moisture sensitive drugs and active ingredients
- Provides excellent low dose content uniformity
- Meets regulatory standards
In addition to providing a unique range of functions and flexible performance in a variety of applications, Starch 1500 cuts process and material costs by reducing or eliminating binders, superdisintegrants, high levels of lubricants and glidants.
Product LiteratureProduct Application Data General Information Product Brochure Published Posters Published White Papers / Articles
Product Application Data
AAPS 2015 - Enhancing the Stability of a Famotidine Tablet Formulation through Use of Starch 1500®View and Download Send by Email
The low water activity of Starch 1500 resulted in reduced degradation of famotidine. Starch/MCC formulation, coated with a PVA based Opadry® resulted in an improved accelerated stability in blister packages.
CRS 2010 - Effect of Processing Conditions on Hypromellose Matrix Formulations of Acetaminophen Prepared by a High Shear Wet Granulation ProcessView and Download Send by Email
Processing guidelines for developing a hypromellose matrix formulation using a wet granulation process; with extra-granular addition of HPMC and Starch 1500 resulting in increased tablet hardness.
Published White Papers / Articles
From Core to Coating - A Supplement from The Medicine MakerView and Download Send by Email
A series of articles published in The Medicine Maker collated into a Supplement “From Core to Coating”
• Speed and Simplicity – A Formulator’s Best Friend in Development
• The Power of Productivity
• Staying On Trend
High Quality Tablets for Film Coating
Starch 1500 provides good tablet hardness and low friability ideal for film coating and packaging.
- Starch 1500 products are designed to meet regulatory needs worldwide.
- Starch 1500 LM: Low moisture product (less than 7% moisture). Meets PhEur and USP/NF specifications for pregelatinized starch.
- Starch 1500 G: Meets PhEur and USP/NF specifications for pregelatinized starch and JPE requirements for partly pregelatinized starch.
Contact Colorcon to learn how Starch 1500 can improve your formulation and lower your costs.
Colorcon can help to reduce your project time by providing the right solution through excipient selection and process guidance.
Lower total cost and reduce time to market
Life cycle management through modified delivery profiles and product line extensions
Reduce medication errors and improve patient adherence
Stable and consistent product performance
Track and trace