BEST®, Unique Tablet Design Service
BEST® helps you choose the perfect color and shape to distinguish your brand, designed with emphasis on attributes that help promote improved patient safety and medication compliance.
Working with our BEST team, you can make informed decisions about your tablet design early in the development process.
Take advantage of the following tools:
- Therapeutic category review to differentiate your product
- Shape design to improve swallowability and handling
- Color preference research to match marketing requirements around the world
- Photorealistic image printouts to visualize your shape and color options
- 3-D printed tablet prototypes, finished with Colorcon coating, for final evaluation
Meet regulatory guidelines for Safety by Design and discover which colors and shapes resonate with patients and consumers.
Here’s what our customers say:
“With Colorcon’s BEST service guiding our tablet design, communication between R&D and marketing was seamless. They really made it clear which colors were acceptable for global use, and tablet images enabled us to present the final selections directly to the FDA” – Multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer
“BEST gave us realistic looking images and tablet prototypes without the time and cost associated with manufacturing sample tablets. Our consumer panels could touch and feel different options to determine the right presentation for our product.” - Consumer healthcare marketing
Product Application Data
- AAPS 2014 - Physical Appearance Preferences for Oral Solid Dosage Formulations
- CRS 2009 - Investigation of the Effect of Tablet Geometry and Film Coating on Drug Release from Hypromellose Matrices
- CRS 2011 - Barrier Membrane Coating of Hydrophilic Matrices: Influence of Tablet Shape and Geometry on Drug Release
Published White Papers / Articles
- Dare to be Different - Use Color and Shape for Unique Tablet Design
- FDA Draft Guidance Document Comments on Use of Inks, Pigments, Flavors and Taggants to Guard Against Counterfeiting
- Investigation of the Influence of Tablet Shape, Geometry & Film Coating on Drug Release From Hypromellose Extended-Release Matrices
- Medication Errors - A Threat to Patient Safety
- Safety by Design for Better NDA, ANDA + OTC Applications
- Understanding FDA Generic Guidance 2015