ETHOCEL™ Premium Ethylcellulose Polymers
ETHOCEL™ products are water-insoluble polymers approved for global pharmaceutical applications and used in extended release solid dosage formulations.
Main pharmaceutical applications:
- Extended release multiparticulate coating
- Micro-encapsulation of actives
- Taste-masking of bitter actives
- Extended release binder in inert matrix systems
- Solvent and extrusion granulation
ETHOCEL provides formulation flexibility for pharmaceutical applications:
- Range of molecular weights, can be blended for intermediate viscosities
- Fine particle (FP) range for use in inert matrix systems, providing improved lipophilic properties realized by increase in surface area
- Modify release profiles when ETHOCEL is used in combination with water-soluble excipients, such as METHOCEL™ premium cellulose ethers
ETHOCEL has been widely used in the Pharmaceutical industry for over 50 years, backed by an excellent safety record with global compendial acceptance and compliance with the US Food Chemical Codex. Also approved for dietary supplement use in Europe and USA.
Colorcon, through the Controlled Release Alliance, has exclusive, global sales and distribution rights for ETHOCEL products from DuPont for use in controlled release applications.
ETHOCEL™ is a registered trademark of DuPont or its affiliates.
Tablet design service helping companies worldwide differentiate their products for improved patient safety and brand recognition.Discover More
Unique, confidential service, providing our customers with starting formulations for the immediate and extended release of drug from solid oral dosages.Discover More