Opadry Enteric is a platform of fully formulated delayed release coating systems from Colorcon suitable for application by organic or hydro-alcoholic processing techniques. Specific Opadry Enteric coating series have been developed from enteric polymers including the “91 series” which uses Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate (Phthalavin enteric coating polymer, PVAP) and the "94 series" which uses "poly(methacrylic acid, methyl methacrylate) 1:1 from Evonik. All Opadry Enteric systems allow for rapid dispersion preparation and application with many types of coating equipment, including conventional pans.
Complete, Color Matched, Dry Powder Formulations
- Available in white, clear and pigmented
- Batch-to-batch color guarantee
Non-aqueous or Hydro-Alcoholic Solvent Systems Available
- Enteric protection can be achieved at low coating weight gain (5-7%) on suitable substrates
- Suitable for use with highly moisture-sensitive materials
- Enables safer suspension handling and easy solvent vapor recovery
Suitable for use in major pharmaceutical markets and developed using compendial ingredients that meet global (or local market) requirements.
Contact Colorcon today to get more information on product formulation, process optimization and cost savings identification.
Product Application Data
Product Recon Sheet
- AAPS 2007 - Hydro-Alcoholic Applications of Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate (PVAP) for Oral Delayed Release Coating Systems
- AAPS 2010 - Comparative Evaluation of Enteric Film Coatings Applied in Organic Solvents
- AAPS 2010 - Physicochemical Characterization of Binary Ionic Polymer Blends: Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate and Eudragit E PO
- CRS 2007 - The Influence of Solvent System on the Performance of Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate (PVAP) Delayed Release Coating Systems