- METHOCEL™ E5LV and E15LV may be used as binders in the wet granulation of tablets at a level of 3-5% of finished tablet weight.
- E15LV produces stronger granules compared to those made with E5LV, which means disintegration and dissolution times may be affected as harder tablets are produced.
Thickener and Suspending Agent
- METHOCEL™ is useful in many cream, ointment, suspension formulations, including ophthalmic preparations as a viscosity modifier. E4M and K4M Premium grades are most frequently used.
- E grades are used in systems requiring high clarity, and where ease of filtration is an important parameter.
- METHOCEL™ Premium MC polymers (A chemistry designation) are used as suspending agents in liquid systems.
- METHOCEL™ is readily soluble in gastric juices and water, thus providing good bioavailability. Being insoluble in sucrose syrup, it is also useful for sealing tablet cores prior to sugar coating.
METHOCEL™is a trademark of International Flavors and Fragrances Inc. or its affiliates.
© 2021 IFF. All rights reserved
Colorcon can help to reduce your project time by providing the right solution through excipient selection and process guidance.
Lower total cost and reduce time to market
Life cycle management through modified delivery profiles and product line extensions
Reduce medication errors and improve patient adherence
Stable and consistent product performance
Track and trace