Colorcon Global Technical Laboratory Services for Tablet Formulation Development
When it comes to the formulation of pharmaceutical and nutritional tablets and capsules, companies must choose providers of core excipients and film coatings who are experienced in the industry, understand regulations, and have the facilities to support the development, tablet composition and production of safe and effective dosages that provide high patient compliance.
Colorcon is a leading global service provider to help accelerate the development of tablet and capsule formulations. We bring over 60 years of experience and best-in-class facilities to aid formulators and reduce development time. We work with all sectors of the industry from pharmaceuticals to animal health and nutritional companies to ensure tablet manufacturers put out the best possible product on the market.
Tablet Formulation Services Provided by Colorcon
The formulation and process development for tablets is complex requiring access to laboratory and manufacturing scale equipment and experienced professionals who understand formulation and industry regulations. Colorcon offers specialist services to pharmaceutical and nutritional tablet manufacturers through our global network of technical service laboratories:
- Core formulation for immediate or modified release solid dosage forms
- Matrix tablets and osmotic pump technology product and process design
- Drug layering and functional coatings for multiparticulates
- Compaction, encapsulation and functional product testing
- Color Matching
- Film Coating Selection and Scale-up
- Coating Assessments
- Coating uniformity
- Tablet color and shape options to improve branding and patient compliance
- Therapeutic category and consumer color preferences to support brand proposals
- Tablet design images to enable stakeholder decisions
- Tablet models to evaluate final color, shape, size
Colorcon can help to reduce your project time by providing the right solution through excipient selection and process guidance.
Lower total cost and reduce time to market
Life cycle management through modified delivery profiles and product line extensions
Reduce medication errors and improve patient adherence
Stable and consistent product performance
Track and trace