Message from Simon Tasker, CEO
We recognize that huge efforts are ongoing around the world to contain and limit the spread of COVID-19 during this global pandemic and the great sacrifice being made in the healthcare services.
We are proud to be a key part of the pharmaceutical supply chain and are endeavoring, as always, to provide unmatched quality and service to our customers worldwide; many of whom are developing and manufacturing essential and life-saving medicines.
Colorcon’s importance has been categorized, by authorities and governments around the world, as “essential" or “life-sustaining”, which means we provide a critical link in the supply chain of medicines to hospitals, pharmacies and individual patients. As such, our customers rely on our global network and our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) which we activated to maintain the supply chain.
Recent reports have highlighted drugs that are being evaluated for potential use to treat, or lessen the effects of, COVID-19, and Colorcon’s products are used in some of these drugs. Therefore, it is very important and in the public interest that Colorcon continues to supply its coatings and excipients for these medicines. We are managing this supply while continuing to prioritize our commitment to the safety and health of our employees.
To support the continuity of our operations around the world we have implemented a remote work policy and are taking extra precautions in our production facilities to protect our employees and support manufacturing continuity. Our primary focus areas are:
The safety of our employees & their families
- Implementation of steps to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 for our employees in all work areas
- Regular communication with our employees on preventative measures to combat COVID-19
Ensuring supply and service continuity for our customers
- We have activated our established Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and are managing inventory levels in accordance with that plan. Currently, all Colorcon manufacturing plants are operational; including our seven film coating facilities.
- We are committed to keeping you informed in the event of supply disruption which may impact the products you purchase from Colorcon.
- Our Technical, Regulatory and Business Teams continue to be available for you to help mitigate disruption to your manufacturing and development projects.
Although these are unprecedented times, Colorcon is well positioned to continue to provide the quality, service and support you have come to expect from us.
As always, we remain highly committed to bringing you our very best.
Simon Tasker, CEO