Quality by Design (QbD)
With Colorcon as Your Supplier of Choice, you can design products with improved quality and patient compliance. We support excipient QbD approaches for our customers through knowledge, documentation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
Opadry® Film Coatings
Our 50+ years experience in the design, development and manufacture of fully formulated systems provide us with industry-leading insight into QbD for Opadry immediate release film coatings. We help you optimize your process and minimize any risks, leading to predictable coating outcomes and greater manufacturing efficiency.
With our Controlled Release partner, Dow Pharma and Food Solutions, we present QbD initiatives for the robust design of product and manufacturing process of hydrophilic matrices.
Click on the following to learn more...
Webinar: Application of QbD Principles to METHOCEL in ER Matrices
(Duration: 1 hr.)
- AAPS 2010 - Application of QbD Principles to the Formulation of ER Propranolol Hydrochloride Hydrophilic Matrix Tablets
- AAPS 2012 - Critical Material Attributes Consideration for ER Propranolol HCl Hydrophilic Matrix Tablets
- AAPS 2012 - Use of a Quality by Design Approach to Optimize Coating Process Parameters for Opadry® 200
- AAPS 2013 - Investigation of Drug Release Performance of Hydrophilic Extended Release Formulations in Bio-Relevant Media
- AAPS 2013 - Scalability of Coating Process Parameters
- CRS 2011 - Application of QbD Principles to the Formulation of ER Theophylline Hydrophilic Matrix Tablets
- CRS 2013 - Consideration of Critical Material Attributes in Hypromellose-Based Hydrophilic Matrices Comprising Drugs of Various Solubility
- CRS 2014 - Investigation of the Effect of Ethylcellulose Viscosity Variation Using QbD Samples on Drug Release from Extended Release Multiparticulates