AFFINISOL™ Solubility Enhancing Polymers
Solving the Insoluble
AFFINISOL™ Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose for Hot Melt Extrusion (HME)
Poor solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) is the leading challenge faced by the pharmaceutical industry. AFFINISOL™ polymers are uniquely tailored to address the solubilization requirement of these APIs.
AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME Polymers
AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose) is designed for use in hot melt extrusion formulations, and used by pharmaceutical companies looking to enhance the solubilization and inhibit the recrystallization of APIs.
As a cellulosic polymer AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME maintains the familiar crystallization inhibiting properties of hypromellose, with the ability to be extruded over a wide temperature range, without the use of plasticizers. AFFINISOL™ HPMC HME simplifies formulation requirements, helps improve physical stability, and provides versatility in drug release profiles.
Applications for AFFINISOL™ Polymers
AFFINISOL™ polymers are uniquely tailored to address the solubilization performance requirements of your active APIs.
The use of HME is a growing formulation technology for pharmaceutical applications through it's ability to improve the solubility and prevent nucleation of poorly soluble drug compounds classified as Class II and Class IV under the Biopharmaceutics Classification System.
AFFINISOL™ is a registered trademark of DuPont or its affliliates.
- AAPS 2017 - Determination of Processing Window for Hot Melt Extrusion and Milling of Hypromellose Acetate Succinate by Assessing Thermal Degradation
- AAPS 2018 - Crystallinity Risk Assessment in the Performance of Amorphous Solid Dispersions
- AAPS 2018 - Dissolution Method Development for Assessing Amorphous Solid Dispersions
- CRS 2018 - Fundamental Evaluation and Characterization of Itraconazole Solid Dispersions Prepared by Hot Melt Extrusion
- CRS 2019 - Process Optimization Study of Etoricoxib Spray Dried Amorphous Solid Dispersion Containing HPMCAS