POLYOX™ Water-Soluble Resins for Pharmaceutical Applications
POLYOX™ Water-Soluble Resins (NF grades) are non-ionic poly (ethylene oxide) polymers. They are hydrophilic polymers available in a wide range of molecular weights and are supplied as white, free flowing powders. POLYOX offers a history of successful use in extended release applications, including osmotic pump technologies.
Other applications include hydrophilic matrices, gastro-retentive dosage forms, tamper-resistant technologies and other drug delivery systems such as transdermal and muco-adhesive technologies.
POLYOX water-soluble resins provide a number of benefits including:
- Wide range of molecular weights for formulation flexibility
- Versatile application in direct compression and granulation
- Rapid hydration and swelling for use in osmotic pump technologies
- Fast hydration and gel formation for use in hydrophilic matrices
- Extreme hardness and virtually crush-proof for tamper-resistant technologies
Colorcon, through the Controlled Release Alliance, has exclusive, global sales and distribution rights for METHOCEL products from Dow Pharma & Food Solutions for use in controlled release applications.
POLYOX™ is a registered trademark of DuPont or its affliliates.
Tablet design service helping companies worldwide differentiate their products for improved patient safety and brand recognition.Discover More
Unique, confidential service, providing our customers with starting formulations for the immediate and extended release of drug from solid oral dosages.Discover More