METHOCEL™ Premium DC2 Cellulose Ethers
Now available as directly compressible grades, METHOCEL™ DC2 polymers deliver exceptional flow properties and process capability as well as consistent modified release performance for matrix formulations. METHOCEL DC2 will enable manufacturers to replace costly wet granulation in matrix tablet production with cost effective dry granulation and direct compression techniques.
METHOCEL DC2 helps you enjoy the benefits of dry powder processing techniques:
- improved powder flow
- lower manufacturing costs by up to 60%
- shorten development time
- results in more reproducible and robust tablet properties
- better formulation option for heat and moisture-sensitive APIs
- no additives, means no regulatory hurdles, as METHOCEL DC2 is pure HPMC
Three direct compression grades of METHOCEL DC2 are now available: K100 LV, K4M and K100M; chemically identical to current METHOCEL Premium products and meet USP, PhEur and JPE specifications.
Colorcon, through the Controlled Release Alliance, has exclusive, global sales and distribution rights for METHOCEL products from Dow Pharma & Food Solutions for use in controlled release applications.
METHOCEL™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company
Product Application Data
- CRS 2011 - Barrier Membrane Coating of Hydrophilic Matrices: A Strategy to Reduce Drug Release Variability and Possible Food Effect
- CRS 2011 - Barrier Membrane Coating of Hydrophilic Matrices: Influence of Tablet Shape and Geometry on Drug Release
- CRS 2011 - The Influence of Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose on Drug Release from Polyethylene Oxide ER Matrices
- CRS 2011 - Use of Starch 1500® to Minimize Variability on Drug Release from Hypromellose Matrices
- CRS 2012 - Barrier Membrane Coating of Hydrophilic Matrices of a Very Soluble Drug, Metoprolol Tartrate at High Dose: A Strategy to Eliminate the Initial Burst Release
- CRS 2013 - Barrier Membrane Coating of Hydrophilic Matrices: A Simplified Strategy to Attain Zero Order Drug Release
- CRS 2014 - Pilot Scale Evaluation of METHOCEL™ DC2 for Robust Matrix Tablet Manufacture by Direct Compression
- CRS 2015 - Taste-masking Performance from Coated Granules & Chewable Tablets
- CRS 2017 - Assessment of Physical Characteristics and Drug Performance of Conventional and Morphologically-Enhanced Grades of Hypromellose in Combination with Various Fillers
- Effect of Filler Type on the Stability of Polyethylene Oxide in a Hydrophilic Matrix Tablet
- Effects of tablet mechanical strength, drying method of granules and methods of tablet manufacture (manual vs. rotary tablet press) on performance of PPOP tablets