Opadry® EC Ethylcellulose Organic Coating System
Opadry EC ethylcellulose organic coating is a controlled release film coating product, designed for solvent-coating of multiparticulates and tablets, for sustained release and taste-masking applications. It combines the proven performance of ethylcellulose with the coating and technical excellence of Colorcon.
Simplify Development and Modulate Drug Release
- Modifying film porosity provides controlled release of low, medium and high solubility drugs
- Stable film with high mechanical strength, suitable for moisture and/or heat sensitive drugs
- Achieve desired release profiles at low coating levels.
Lower Manufacturing Time - Ensure Consistent Coating Quality Consistency
- Colorcon quality ensuring the same product, every time
- Eliminates concern of operator error in pore-former addition
- Fully formulated system
- No additional raw material components
- Reduced raw material QC
Speed of Development
- Quick and easy way to evaluate range of release profiles
- Backed by Colorcon Technical expertise and applications support
All ingredients in Opadry EC ethylcellulose organic coating are approved for Pharmaceutical use in the major global markets (conditionally for China and India).
Colorcon regulatory support to mitigate risk and provide supporting documentation.
Tablet design service helping companies worldwide differentiate their products for improved patient safety and brand recognition.Discover More
Unique, confidential service, providing our customers with starting formulations for the immediate and extended release of drug from solid oral dosages.Discover More