Opadry® EC Ethylcellulose Organic Coating System
Opadry EC ethylcellulose organic coating is a controlled release film coating product, designed for solvent-coating of multiparticulates and tablets, for sustained release and taste-masking applications. It combines the proven performance of ethylcellulose with the coating and technical excellence of Colorcon.
Simplify Development and Modulate Drug Release
- Modifying film porosity provides controlled release of low, medium and high solubility drugs
- Stable film with high mechanical strength, suitable for moisture and/or heat sensitive drugs
- Achieve desired release profiles at low coating levels.
Lower Manufacturing Time - Ensure Consistent Coating Quality Consistency
- Colorcon quality ensuring the same product, every time
- Eliminates concern of operator error in pore-former addition
- Fully formulated system
- No additional raw material components
- Reduced raw material QC
Speed of Development
- Quick and easy way to evaluate range of release profiles
- Backed by Colorcon Technical expertise and applications support
All ingredients in Opadry EC ethylcellulose organic coating are approved for Pharmaceutical use in the major global markets (conditionally for China and India).
Colorcon regulatory support to mitigate risk and provide supporting documentation.
Product Process Parameters
Product Recon Sheet
- AAPS 2014 - A QbD Investigation into the Effect of Ethylcellulose Viscosity Variation on the Drug Release of Metoprolol Tartrate Extended Release Multiparticulates
- AAPS 2015 - Effect of Coating Weight Gain and Pore-Former Level on Drug Release with a Fully Formulated Ethylcellulose Barrier Membrane Coating System
- CRS 2016 - Compositional and Performance Stability of a Fully Formulated Ethylcellulose