ETHOCEL™ High Productivity (HP)
ETHOCEL™ HP is an innovative new product from Dow Pharma and Food Solutions designed for dry powder coating process, using rotor technology.
Using ethylcellulose dry powder coating, rotor technology allows multiparticulates, powders, and mini-tablets to be coated without the need for solvents. Just enough moisture is required to allow adherence of the polymer to the substrate. The barrier membrane polymer is added as a dry powder that forms film around the substrate.
By using ETHOCEL™ HP for dry powder coating, your formulation can remain simple and robust, avoiding concerns around tackiness and stability often found with polymers that have a low glass transition temperature (Tg).
ETHOCEL™ HP can help you:
- Reduce coating time: 70% faster than traditional solvent and aqueous coating process
- Consistently achieve 98 - 99% coating efficiency in lab scale trials
- Avoid high solvent costs – including costs of disposal, capital expenditure, and infrastructure modifications
- Improve operational safety
ETHOCEL™ has been widely used in the Pharmaceutical industry for over 50 years, backed by an excellent safety record with global compendial acceptance and compliance with the US Food Chemical Codex.
- AAPS 2014 - A QbD Investigation into the Effect of Ethylcellulose Viscosity Variation on the Drug Release of Metoprolol Tartrate Extended Release Multiparticulates
- AAPS 2016 Investigation of Plasticizer Selection for Extended Release Multiparticulates Using Powder Layering with Novel High Productivity Grade of Ethylcellulose
- CRS 2017 - Inﬂuence of Plasticizer Level and Curing Duration on Performance of a High Productivity Grade of Ethylcellulose