StarCap 1500® Co-Processed Starch Excipient
- StarCap 1500 is a unique co-processed mixture of globally accepted excipients, corn starch and pregelatinized starch, designed for use in capsules and tablets.
- StarCap 1500 is an inert free-flowing compressible excipient with excellent disintegration characteristics.
- The flow properties of StarCap1500 are ideal for capsule filling applications. StarCap 1500 flows smoothly with minimal dusting or adherence to contact surfaces. This corresponds to a cleaner filling operation with lower variation in capsule weight.
- Manufactured in a cGMP facility dedicated to the pharmaceutical industry and supported by a team of technical experts, StarCap 1500 exhibits good physical, chemical, and microbiological stability.
Product Application Data
- AAPS 2005 - Evaluation of StarCap 1500® in a Propranolol Hydrochloride Capsule
- AAPS 2007 - Development of a Common Cyclobenzaprine Formulation for Both Encapsulation and Tabletting Using StarCap 1500®
- AAPS 2008 - Narrowing the Gap Between Clinical and Commercial Formulations
- AAPS 2010 - Application of StarCap1500® as Filler/Binder/Disintegrant in a Roller Compaction Dry Granulation Formulation
- AAPS 2010 - Evaluation of StarCap1500® as an Excipient in Extended Release Hydrophilic Matrix Systems