Colorcon believes that six operating principles that define our culture, values and organization are key to achieving our mission and vision, strategies and goals. These operating principles are:
- The Golden Rule: Treat people the way you want to be treated - This demonstrates mutual respect, trustworthiness and values personal and cultural differences. It means getting things done through personal influence and credibility.
- Empowerment: Trust colleagues with responsibility and decision making - This clears the path for others and centers on belief in the ability to effect positive change. Individuals should volunteer their best efforts toward meeting the most important goals.
- Speed and Simplicity: Avoid complication; reduce and eliminate non-value-add work - Organize around the work and leverage technology to be effective. Ensure a place for everything and put everything in its place.
- Customer Focus: Provide great service and delight customers in every work interaction – Understanding our customer needs and creating value for our customers. We strive to go above-and-beyond for internal and external customers and ensure we respond in a timely manner, meeting our promises.
- Keep Getting Better: Continuously improve; be the best we can – Working to improve, then re-evaluate and strive to further improve. We want to be the best in class for quality, safety and performance standards, right across the organization. We are passionate and focus on continuous self-improvement.
- Teamwork: Embrace the value of collaboration; work together to exceed what is possible as individuals – Energize, inspire and support each other to achieve common goals. Share knowledge and experience and learn from others. Place team needs before individual interests; share in success and failures.