BEST® is a specialist tablet design service used to differentiate products while improving decision making during product development. The service assists formulators by aligning all parties, including R&D, Marketing and Procurement, to design a drug product that will enable the safe and correct use of medicines – known as Safety by Design.
Differentiate - Use Size, Shape and Color to Minimize Medication Errors
- Avoid multiple strengths that look the same
- Use imprint codes for clear, visible identification of the dosage strength
- Distinguish extended- or delayed-release products from their immediate release counterparts
- Help pharmacists, healthcare providers and patients better identify medications when dispensing
- Increase product recognition on the manufacturing line to reduce possible mix ups
Accelerate the Decision Making Process
- Use 3-D models and CAD drawings to explore tablet design options including color, shape, logo, and special coatings
- Evaluate tablet shapes and sizes for ease of swallowing
- Determine the regulatory acceptance for colorant materials used in our fully-formulated film coating systems
- Evaluate the designs of currently marketed products by therapeutic category
- Study consumer medication color preferences for any region of the world
- Conduct your own market research using film-coated tablet prototypes
Take advantage of our film coating experience, market research, technology and creativity to design differentiated tablet designs that will favorably impact your bottom line.